Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ride to Oklahoma










This weekend we rode to Kingfisher and Cashion, Oklahoma with our friends. They have family in Kingfisher and my family lives in Cashion, only about 17 miles from each other.

The ride started out at Town and Country Restaurant with a huge breakfast at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday. After great conversation we hit the road at 8:30 a.m. Along the way we stopped just outside of Caldwell, Kansas on the Chisholm Trail then to Medford, Oklahoma on to Enid, Hennessey and finally Kingfisher. We arrived in Kingfisher around 12:20 p.m. Hot, tired and ready for cold beer. We sat and talked until about 2:30 p.m. and Luke and I headed for Cashion. My mom was there waiting with homemade bread and snacks....the most important part was the Lemon Merange Pie. LOVE IT!

This weekend was my 51st birthday, it would have also been my dad's birthday (79). After almost 11 years, I still miss him terribly. As we drove through the small towns and past all of the fields being cut or plowed, I just keep thinking about him. He would be very busy right now! He worked hard, took care of his family and was a fantastic dad.

The smells of freshly cut clover, plowed fields with the dirt blowing, smoke bellowing from burned fields and every co-op busy with trucks moving in and out seemed to be the normal activities for these small towns. Our biggest problem on the road this weekend.....combines and tractors. We were in their way and believe me, we moved!

It was hot and dry but the ride was spectacular. My mom's flowers are beautiful and the moon flowers were huge. I so much enjoy sitting on the deck listening to the birds and watching all of the butterflies in the flowers.

The pictures are just of random things; the long road back home, a combine we had to yield to, old barn off of the road, the clouds with the sun trying so hard to break through and a few of my mom's flowers.

Enjoy the week, Eagles concert on Wednesday so I hope that I have some interesting thoughts afterwards.

Peace and love, Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment