Sunday, April 28, 2013

Yard work?




Yard work? Um, no I don’t think so. That was the answer I received when I inquired about getting the yard work done today. Go to Bartlett Arboretum you say? On the motorcycle? Beautiful tulips in bloom, 80 degree weather, a peaceful serene stroll and an opportunity to take some pictures, yes! Count me in.

I have a deep passion for art, history and all things old; if they are junkie, even better. The arboretum offers all of what I love. It has been around since the mid 1920’s. I can only imagine the ladies having tea on a spring day, a picnic on a Sunday afternoon and the men playing horseshoes. A simpler time when life was not so fast paced. There are remnants of the old iron fences, bird cages, gates and watering cans. I wish I could get my hands on that stuff.

On this day, the sun was warm with very little wind. The tulips, redbud trees and Japanese Maples were spectacular. Everywhere I turned there was another beautiful space. A perfect stroll around the pond, which is extremely low from the drought, had tulips in the center and croaking frogs everywhere.

The yard work, didn’t get finished; the laundry is still in the hamper and there is a desperate need to clean the garage. All these chores will be complete but not today. My head is clear, my soul rejuvenated and my heart is full. A ride does all that. The simple things mean a lot to me.

Have a wonderful week, enjoy something simple.

Peace & Love, Pam

1 comment: